[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:46:08 PST 2011

I should add that one of the reasons I doubt the favorableness of it is that I'm not at all sure it wouldn't just take on the same negatives you attribute to national identity - but in relation to Asians, Africans etc. People who object to Turkey joining the EU often assert that they're "not really European". Obviously to some extent that reasoning is a mask for Islamophobia, but it might not be entirely a mask.