[lbo-talk] Once again, food prices

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 07:47:57 PST 2011

I'm with Carrol here: I assume you're right, but I don't understand, technically, how this works. Isn't every position countered by some other position? Is there a succinct source that would help me understand how it is possible for speculators to have an adverse relation here? My hypothesis is that they do (and I think there was a congressional testimony by a hedge fund operator a few years back that made headlines by saying as much) but it seems counter intuitive when I try to explain it.