[lbo-talk] Once again, food prices

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Feb 9 08:09:19 PST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:02 AM, Shane Mage wrote:
>
>> "All the money?" Doesn't every trade have two equal--and opposite--
>> sides?
>
> Oh right. Markets can never go up or down because for every seller
> there's a buyer, and vice versa. Perfect balance!

And when they go up, the bears lose. And when they go down, the bulls lose. What the bears lose, the bulls win. And what the bulls win, the bears lose. Perfect balance (except for the house cut, taken from both gangs of speculators). I assume, if you put your money where your mouth is, you're shorting food commodities. Hope you win.

Shane Mage

"All things are an equal exchange for fire and fire for all things, as goods are for gold and gold for goods."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr, 90