[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:05:32 PST 2011

Over 80% of the population, including people who earn rather huge salaries, are exploited. Joanna, for example, is probably much more exploited than are Walmart clerks. To focus on Exploitation as "what is wrong" is to splinter the working class, and it leads to bad politics.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of 123hop at comcast.net Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:26 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek S" <wsoko52 at gmail.com>

I do not mean to make snide comments or be in any way disrespectful here, but when people who enjoy by far the highest living standards in the entire world complain about exploitation, it is difficult to take that seriously.

---

Woj, please. A small fraction of the population enjoy "the highest living standards," and I don't even think that's true.

An increasing part of the population - now 1 in 7 are on food stamps. I've been on food stamps. They don't give you the goddamn things unless you have nothing.

The neoliberal program is a race to the bottom for the working class and you know that.

Joanna