[lbo-talk] progress in economics

Peter Fay peterrfay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:08:39 PST 2011

Those bluebloods at the Old Yard have always had a penchant for erudition.

But being a Protestant institution for 400 years, they apparently now feel the need to 'diversify' into Catholicism. Perhaps they seek to outdo the equally profound 1667 inquiry by Protestant Richard Baxter:

"Angels can contract their whole substance into one part of space, and therefore have not '*partes extra partes*'. Whereupon it is that the Schoolmen have questioned how many Angels may sit upon the point of a Needle?"

Great progress indeed.