[lbo-talk] The role of social media in the Egyptian uprising

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Feb 11 01:05:50 PST 2011

Not on the regular menu.

I predict in nine months there will be a bumper crop of Egyptian babies and parents who give names after the revolution slogans as men and women fuck their brains out in a vast hope of creating the revolution through absolute desire and the passion to make it so... And I wish them well in their efforts.

Tahrir Amood or its real arabic sounding equivalent. Shari Tahrir... I have no idea what the language is, but I know people, and I know people love these moments and they will not forget. They will brand their children with these moments, and I celebrate with them. Arabic is poetry to my ear and I am sure it is to them. And poetry leads to names and names lead to history and history leads to concieousness. Oh celebrate for us, locked in our freezing dungeons of conformity to some stupid ideology.. nevermind. We salute you.

I had a son and watched him grow into a man, and then a man of great skill and value as he and his wife (my only daughter) built a great family and it has been the only joy of my life---and I have been very lucky to even see that...so as I watch you Egypt I salute you because I see myself in your old men with brillant eyes and smiling faces...yes, yes, yes. I am a grandfather and I know the look of ancient eyes of old men and they shine for you Egypt.

I can't believe I could feel such love in such a failing body. Who knew you could live like a boy again even as a whethered old man. That is the power of a revolution.

Salud,

CG