[lbo-talk] Vatican bans confession by iPhone

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Feb 11 04:10:53 PST 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Wojtek S wrote:

> [WS:] I searched the Droid market and found that they have similar but
> secular apps. The idea is to "confess" some dirty secret and post it on
> the web for others to read. Smacks of voyeurism cum exhibitionism. The
> Catholics seem more discreet.

The Catholic one is completely represented here. They "deny" that you can confess by iPhone because it was a misapprehension in the first place. This app is simply a way to organize your confession, to remember you sins since last time. They've had these guides in paper form for 100s of years.

Michael