[lbo-talk] Marx quote

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 13 16:42:59 PST 2011

Meiksins Wood discusses this in one of her books. An effective way to enforce such a law would have been to send one's thugs (also known as feudal retainers) around to smash any handmills they found.

Carrol -----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of michael perelman Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:32 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Marx quote

>From what I understand, the law compelled peasants to take their grain
to the miller. I don't know how effective that compulsion was.