[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:12:53 PST 2011

Over 80% of the population, including people who earn rather huge salaries, are exploited. Joanna, for example, is probably much more exploited than are Walmart clerks. To focus on Exploitation as "what is wrong" is to splinter the working class, and it leads to bad politics.

Carrol

Exploitation has nothing to do with how much you make. It also has nothing to do with particular working conditions. We are exploited because we are alienated from the products of our labor. That doesn't splinter the working class, it constitutes it. If you are throwing exploitation out the window then what is left of your left politics, Carrol?