[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 13:58:27 PST 2011

I don't understand why I'm more exploited. But I agree about the pointlessness of a suffering contest.

I suppose the issue is interesting inasmuch as people in my situation imagine themselves to be freer and more privileged than Walmart clerks. Probably no one works harder than the small business owner, but he flatters himself that he is his own boss!!!

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "c b" <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 12:55:54 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

Over 80% of the population, including people who earn rather huge salaries, are exploited. Joanna, for example, is probably much more exploited than are Walmart clerks. To focus on Exploitation as "what is wrong" is to splinter the working class, and it leads to bad politics.

Carrol