[lbo-talk] NYT marks the death of the "stockholder democracy"

Peter Fay peterrfay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:28:33 PST 2011

We shall shed crocodile tears for NYSE and "shareholder democracy".

But I agree with Salmon's reasoning with regard to hedge funds being the raison d'etre for the purchase - no fuss, no muss, no regulation for DeutscheBorse.

However, to the NYSE-cum-corpse being replaced by das kapital deutsche, I say: Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi!

Oh, I forgot - the NYSE was a "democracy", not a monarchy...