[lbo-talk] Wisconsin labor

Joshua Morey amvojo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:53:25 PST 2011

It all sounds comically ridiculous if you imagine the possibilities; however, while Walker may indeed be bluffing people aren't very excited to find out. The idea of firing striking air traffic controllers seems comparably (if not equally) ridiculous, yet Reagan pulled it off and the reverberations of his shrewdness continue to be felt by people in situations just like ours in wi. At the end of the day, the threat isn't meant necessarily for those who would most militantly oppose his agenda but for those on the fence, more willing to acquiesce (for whatever reason); I.e. he's counting on not having to replace *all* teachers, clerical workers, prison guards, social workers (imagine the NG doing social work!), etc, just the obstinate ones who persist in their opposition despite his threats.

I don't mean to suggest that because the plan seems rather genius I also think it is good. I just think he knows what he's doing and our opposition to his administration must recognize his craftiness and intelligence if we are to have any impact whatsoever.

He delivered his budget plans under "more than usual" police security - he expects a fight, perhaps even a militant fight, and we had better do our homework with the expectation that he has already thought ahead a few steps. On Feb 14, 2011 6:16 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote: