[lbo-talk] Definition of nation (was as if on cue)

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 05:25:12 PST 2011

This, I think, is not the time for Marxology. (I think Marxology is vital -- but for everything there is a season). The point is not the technicalities of exploitation or the evil of capitalism. The topic that needs endlessly to be addressed is how, in a period of left weakness, to maintain visible centers of resistance that, when (at some point) Doug's point suddenly ceases to be true, can serve as rallying points.

What issues, in a given community, can get a dozen (or fewer)people together to hang in there.

Carrol
Yes, exactly.

It looks like the attack in Wisconsin might backfire as people all over the state start to see what their policies in action mean for lots of their friends and relatives. It isn't just Wisconsin though, and it would be great if we had some national organizing around this issue.

Brad