[lbo-talk] Obama reelection prospect

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 17 15:35:54 PST 2011

Wojtek S: it certainly does smell like "weak one term president."

Probably one-term, yes. "Weak": I think not. Calling him weak is grounded in a false perception of his frequently declard central aims. And in connection with those aims, he declared early that he would be willing to be a one-term president.

Incidentally, I've read (had read to me for $22 an hour) the first two chapters of Edward Morgan, _What Happened in the 1960s: How the Media Failed American Democracy_. It looks to me that from now on no one has a right to an opinion on the '60s unless they have read this book.

Carrol