[lbo-talk] Lefty Lexicon

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 20 15:37:22 PST 2011

Doug Henwood

Hey, that sounds more like nonprofit/NGO jargon.

Doug

======

I don't spend much time on web sites. Here I saw oly the one on class -- which contrasted two definitions _both_ of which were absurd. Were all the degintions ascribed to "the left" that way?

Carrol

Incidentally, a large number of the bad themes I remember getting from University of Michigan students in the late '50s centered on the supposed central importance in human life of a vaguely defined "sense of humor." Why do so many base their judgment of a person's human worth on whether or not he/she possesses this vaguely defined mystical attribute? Contempt for and assumed superiority to others (for whatever reasons) is _not_ a leftists virtue. Is the future utopia to be characterized by sending all humorless persons to reeducation camps?