[lbo-talk] The Most Dangerous Union in the World

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 09:18:11 PST 2011

Several commentators have remarked about the sudden outbreak of class struggle in the United States. I see the brutal behavior of the state and federal governments as an indication of the failure of class struggle.

Let me explain. Back in the 1960s, when United States was enjoying the so-called Golden of economic prosperity, profits were weakening. By the late 1960s, the organized right wing began to harness the energy of the tea party of the day, which took hold with the defeat of Barry Goldwater. Using its almost unlimited source of funding, wealthy businesspeople and corporations began to create a solid network of organizations to remake the country by undoing the gains made during the and New Deal, and even emulating the political landscape of the late 19th century. The Cato Foundation, the Heritage Foundation, right wing legal offices, and a host of other activist operations led a systematic assault on anything and anybody who seem to know represent a barrier to profit maximization. Read more:

http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/the-most-dangerous-union-in-the-world/

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com