[lbo-talk] Food Prices Again

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:43:22 PST 2011

Does this endless wrangle have anything to do with anything? I mean, I'm all for people entertaining themselves, but this is getting sily.

Carrol

I think it is important for people on the left to understand why food prices rose in 2008 and are rising again. Many try to say that it is because we are not producing enough food. But this is silly, we all know we produce more then enough food. The problem isn't a lack of production or an increasing demand. Those they argue it is aid neoliberals who want to argue for more market openness and more green rev. production. It isn't a lack of food it is how food is distributed and how a growing number of people don't make enough money to buy it.

Sorry, I think it is important.

Brad