[lbo-talk] Fidel on Libya

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Feb 24 10:20:03 PST 2011

On Thu, February 24, 2011 9:27 am, Wojtek S wrote:

> Consequently, the left does not have much to
> offer anymore beyond questionable Robin-Hoodism a la Chavez.

Sure we do -- the eco-developmental state, the digital commons and sovereign wealth funds. What do the neoliberals have on offer, besides unsustainable debt bubbles, IMF austerity and endless US occupations?

In fairness to the Chavez government, the state *has* been investing in infrastructure, agriculture and local industry. They need to do more, sure, but it's not that they've done nothing at all. Each developmental state can and should learn from the successes -- and failures -- of the others.

-- DRR