[lbo-talk] Saif Gaddafi's Dissertation...

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Feb 24 19:40:29 PST 2011

<http://londonersdiary.standard.co.uk/2011/02/desai-tells-lse-not-to-disown-gaddafis-son.html>

"Lord Desai reveals that he examined Saif for his PhD, entitled the _Role of Civil Society in the Democratisation of Global Governance Institutions_. 'I was an examiner with one other for this PhD at the university,' said Lord Desai. 'I grilled him for two hours on it — there was no suggestion he hadn’t written it himself. We were struck by how idealistic it was. We said it was not realistic and needed some realpolitik in it.'"