[lbo-talk] Defend free speech and Palestine solidarity organizing at New York's LGBT Center

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 00:00:24 PST 2011

Please take 30 seconds to sign a petition supporting a local group, and a global effort, both of which count me as a participant:

"We, the undersigned, are LGBT people and allies who condemn the stifling of free speech at New York’s LGBT Center due to pressure from wealthy supporters of Israel’s anti-Palestinian policies. A slanderous press release followed by a threatening call-in campaign led to the cancellation of an Israeli Apartheid Week event scheduled for March 5, 2011, and the right of peaceful pro-Palestine activists in the Siegebusters group to meet at the Center ..."

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savenyclgbtcenter

If you're a New Yorker, or a member of the LGBT community or any relevant organizations, please consider mentioning that in the "Comments" field.

Also see these articles for more background information:

http://www.muzzlewatch.com/2011/02/24/nys-famed-lgbt-folds-under-pressure-bans-party-to-end-apartheid-israeli-apartheid-week-event-and-groups http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/02/sherry_wolf_on.php