[lbo-talk] Saif Gaddafi's Dissertation...

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Feb 25 08:15:26 PST 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Jim Farmelant wrote:

> Well, that's what I always suspect when I hear that a child of a
> celebrity has earned an advanced degree, especially at a prestigious
> institution. I always think that they either plagiarized the thing or
> they hired somebody else to do the work for them.
>
> Isn't that evil of me?

Not a bit. What's jaw-dropping is that no one made even a half assed effort to check, which is awfully easy to do nowadays.

It's becoming very difficult to escape the impression that Held, Desai, Giddens and the whole cosmopolitanism crew were very embarassingly seduced by money, charm and power.

Michael