[lbo-talk] Saif Gaddafi's Dissertation...

Dissenting Wren dissentingwren at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 15:02:44 PST 2011

It's also got to be more fun than writing the same book over an over and over.

"Structuration, I say. And again, structuration. Structuration, mates.

Structuration, that's the ticket!"

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:20:29 -0500 Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> writes:
> Jim: "Well, that's what I always suspect when I hear that
> a child of a celebrity has earned an advanced degree,
> especially at a prestigious institution.
> I always think that they either plagiarized the thing
> or they hired somebody else to do the work for them.

Also, as Richard Seymour has been pointing out on his blog, Anthony Giddens, who use to be a pretty respectable, and respected academic, was not only (as we all know) hobnobbing with Tony Blair but also was hanging out (and advising) the elder Gadaffy too. I guess that sort of thing must be more fun (and far more lucrative) than writing tomes on Max Weber or Talcott Parsons.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math