[lbo-talk] Proto-fascism: Georgia Rep. Paul Broun and constituents share laugh about shooting Obama

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Feb 26 13:21:02 PST 2011

>> One group who took this seriously is the Secret Service.
>>
>> "We're aware of the incident and the appropriate steps were
>> taken," Donovan told me. "At this point it's a closed matter."
>>
>> A law enforcement source confirmed that the Secret Service
>> interviewed the constituent and determined that he or she was an
>> "elderly person" who now regrets making a bad joke.

Yes, the Secret Service is known to take things Very Seriously.

http://www.pixq.com/article/secret-service-agents-detain-man-for-taking-photos

The key thing to notice here is that he's not taking pictures of one of the most famous buildings and tourist attractions in the world -- the White House, which just happens to be where the President lives -- but rather of the Secret Service officers themselves.