[lbo-talk] "I Won't Pay" movement grips debt-ridden Greece

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Feb 27 13:00:07 PST 2011

Shane quips:

>> "A PROVINCIAL revenue agency down in Argentina is using
>> Google Earth Pro to find tax dodgers. With this approach,
>> the taxman for the Buenos Aires province detected 1184030
>> square feet of undeclared property. "
>
> Equal to 0.108 sq. km. An enormous area indeed!

That's 676 times the size of my house. If Buenos Aires' tax rates are anything like Oakland's, that's a lot of money.

Oh, right:

"They were able to identify 362 undeclared finished houses and 284 construction sites, all spread in four exclusive gated country clubs [...] around half a million dollars in unpaid Property Tax [...]"

Ok, their tax rate is nothing like ours :)

/jordan