[lbo-talk] Yoga -- Not as Old as You Think

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Feb 27 16:16:47 PST 2011

On Sun, February 27, 2011 12:11 pm, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> Serbia, Ukraine, Costa Rica, look far more interesting third world
> countries for me.

Those are fairly rich and urbanized middle-income countries, so it's not quite fair to compare them to places still in the throes of urbanization, like India or Nigeria.

But it sounds like you've run across the Hindutva/neoliberal diasporic professionals, who are a deeply reactionary bunch. Fear not, they're totally unrepresentative of India, which has its fair share of dissidents (full disclosure: my partner is from India, so of course I can be 100% objective!).

-- DRR