[lbo-talk] "I Won't Pay" movement grips debt-ridden Greece

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 00:17:38 PST 2011

Lewis has the details, but it's not just the unskilled. Turns out anybody who isn't working for the govt is "self-employed" -- including a lot of professionals.

Haven't had a chance to listen to Doug's interview though....

j.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:11:30 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] "I Won't Pay" movement grips debt-ridden Greece

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> Public employees making 3X private incomes.
>
> Maybe somehow public employees don't have the option of lying about their
> incomes? :)

That could be part of it. But my impression is that it's the same trick they used to argue that public sector workers in Wisconsin were higher paid than private sector workers when in fact they are lower paid: they don't control for education level.

The unskilled in Greece are really poor, so the results of this trick are even more spectac.

I don't think this trick will ever die it's so easy and useful.