[lbo-talk] Breast milk ice cream...

Dissenting Wren dissentingwren at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 17:01:27 PST 2011

OK, you've been around long enough that you deserve an explanation. Jordan, not so much.

Creep factor - what would you call someone who posts repeatedly comparing dairy products based on healthy human milk as opposed to those nasty products of the cow. I don't know what's driving Joseph's obsession there, and don't want to.

Jordan's more complicated, but not much. We'll start with his bullshit calculations about how much milk a nursing mother produces per day (8-9 oz per feeding, 8-12 times per day). Sorry, but way back in the day I was doing all the child care for an infant, which meant that my partner had to express milk constantly. The freezer was full of little bags for me to thaw, heat, and use.

8-12 cups per day? The voice of ignorance. And then we can add to that the throwaway line that full-time infant care is 88% free time. Nonsense, and offensive nonsense.

And then there's the bullshit about the economic benefits, all of which reduces to the old anti-Marxist canard: "how can workers be exploited when they voluntarily choose to work, which obviously means they're better off than they would be otherwise?" If you really need a formal proof to see through this, then you can always point to John Roemer's work demonstrating that capitalist exploitation and mutual gains from trade are not contradictory. Not that Jordan knows any of this literature, or particularly cares - he was just baiting Joanna and playing a cheap game of gotcha. Likewise with his "how much would you have to be paid for it not be exploitation" throwaway line. Joanna pointed out that this is just a variant of the cheap whore vs. expensive whore "joke". And Roemer provides an answer again - it ceases being exploitative when the amount you earn from it exceeds the amount you could earn by withdrawing society's per capita quantity of capital and using that capital plus your own labor to live.

Again, not a literature Jordan knows or cares about, since he was only interested scoring cheap points and waving his clever dick around.

So yeah, creepy obsession, complete ignorance of basic biological facts or the kind of labor infant care entails, plus cheap point scoring right out of the Milton Friedman playbook. Fucking load of honking goose turds, I say.

----- Original Message ---- From: shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Mon, February 28, 2011 4:50:11 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Breast milk ice cream...

i don't know either. I do know that the word mansplaining makes me want to vomit on someone's shoes, especially when it's used without fucking explaining why they were ostensibly engaged in mansplanation (sp?)

fuckin' 'splain me Lucy. jeez.