[lbo-talk] Austerity

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 23:40:57 PST 2011

I am working on these issues: I do a certain amount of propagandizing, planning, and organizing in Oakland Public School system.

So, when a man with the IQ of a genius tells me that teachers and bankers are both greedy, this is evidence of what?

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sunday, January 2, 2011 7:36:33 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Austerity

O.K. It really seems impossible (with rare exceptions) for anyone not involved in organizing (planning outreach) to think politically. This post, Joanna, is purely passive -- I would say a-political. It appears even in the style: "If you (generic) would do such and such."

People are not brainwashed -- it's a very bad metaphor to use to refer to the general populace, however 'stupid' their opinions.