[lbo-talk] Not so happy new year

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 3 14:15:27 PST 2011

Chuck wrote:

For some reason the other night, while I was listening to Harvey, I got the idea what was really needed as a color illustrated edition of Capital... a kind of fancy art book...

I like to think of a simple drawing. There's this mass of stick people at the bottom of the picture with an immense accumulation of commodities flowing upwards from their hands and heads. But CAPITAL describes a social relation as well as telling us who is producing the wealth. So, where are the capitalists? They're such a tiny class. They seem invisible.

Mike B)

*********************************************************************** "With the seizing of the means of production by society production of commodities is done away with, and, simultaneously, the mastery of the product over the producer." Engels http://wobblytimes.blogspot.com/