[lbo-talk] The modest chance filibuster change could win a Senate vote

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:21:03 PST 2011

Marv: "Democratic systems are necessariy representative rather than direct."

[WS:] I fully agree, you do not have to convince me about that. But the idea of "direct rule" free of hierarchies and intermediaries seems to be widely spread far beyond anarchist circles. For one thing, the infatuation with 'self-regulating' markets, or for that matter internet capabilities (especially "wiki" websites), seem to be a variation on this theme.

Wojtek