[lbo-talk] Steve Forbes lashes out against Keynesian economics: "the whole idea of macroeconomics is a fraud" - Forbes.com

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Jan 5 20:33:47 PST 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 23:02:34 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Steve Forbes is a major idiot.

I used to know a guy who wrote for Forbes, back in the day. He thought Malcolm was a shallow though crafty guy, but he more than concurred with Doug's opinion of Steve. Words like "pinhead" and "ditz" kinda give you the register.

> The dreadful Bono is a partner in the private equity firm that owns
> Forbes.

Yes. How wonderful is that? You can't make this stuff up.

Not that it's relevant, but everybody loves gossip: my source also told me old Malcom had a lavishly-equipped S&M dungeon in the basement of his town house, and used to send aides out trolling for hunky young Italian lads to cast in the little dramatic productions he liked to stage there. Italian was de rigueur, apparently: No Latinos, no blonds.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com