[lbo-talk] On Venezuela's Cooperative "Revolution"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 6 12:43:14 PST 2011

What we have in Venezuela and some other nations is a form of dual power. Criticism from outside of this kind of situation is simply meaningless. Criticism of anything -- a poem, a piece of fruit, a hat-- requires that one understand its genus, or else you will find yourself in the position of someone complaining that a hat doesn't taste good. In these states we have a process underway -- that's all that can be intelligently said of it from 'outside.' There are no relevant criteria by which to judge such a process. I stopped reading Marxmail posts on Venezuela, Bolivia, etc several years ago for this reason. No matter what their content, they were a priori sillthis reason. No matter what their content, they were a priori sill

Carrol