[lbo-talk] The Second Amendment in Congress

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:53:59 PST 2011

If you bothered to check the source, you would see it is a continuing trend, not a shift. I have not seen any campaigns to push gun ownership in the media and i do not think that Gallup polling of 2,000 or so people has any impact whatsoever on public opinion.

However, I recall the UCSC sociologist Dane Archer arguing that war has a positive impact on increase of violence because it legitmizes the use of violent means to attain goals. If his argument is correct, it may explain the steady increase in positive attitudes toward gun ownership. Since the Gulf War 1, the empire has been almost uninterruptingly at war with someone.

Wojtek