[lbo-talk] [LBO] Surowecki on unions

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:22:12 PST 2011

Marv: "a tiny core of activists and revolutionaries are all that is needed to effect even the most profound social change, without the corresponding need for majority support."

[WS:] I think you look at it too statically. Initially it is only a small core of revolutionaries, but they they eventually draw more and more people and at the end they get majority support. Is not it how it happened in Cuba?

In other words, it is not that majority support does not matter but that it is an outcome rather than a cause of a revolutionary process.

Wojtek