[lbo-talk] Israel dreading a democratic Arab world

Joel Schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 17:10:57 PST 2011

I'm not surprised to hear this. It's a typically rightist Israeli point of view. What remains surprising is that people like Shalom contininue to live in a bubble, in that they do not expect to be heard by the outside world. Not just by their Arab neighbors, but Europeans and North Americans, for whom liberal-democratic expectations are more the norm than in Israel these days.

Joel