[lbo-talk] Jared Lee Loughner, the conservative/liberal axis and the mentally ill...

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 23:52:51 PST 2011

Also, please dispense with allegedly confused B.S. I am very well acquainted, professionally and socially, with a former AG who argued death penalty appeals for the State of California before the California Supreme Court. His greatest lament is that virtually every appellant who ended up on the other side of the table had displayed multiple signs that he would commit his ultimately atrocious crime before he did so. I didn't really pay much attention to him before I had to research a couple of LWOP cases for habeas writs and found both the cases that he was referring to, and many others that were far worse. Many, if not most of these guys give numerous warnings ahead of time that if they are not thwarted, they will do something horrible. Loughner is classic example. That this guy could just lay down his money and buy a Glock 9 with no questions asked is ridiculous. The3 very fact that is was a Glock, and not, say, a Sig Sauer, should have raised a red flag - or so my contacts in the gun industry tell me. There are hurdles that can be passed: or has become a LBO a Second Amendment absolutist site now?

<http://thinkexist.com/user/suggest/quotation_revision.asp?quotation=the_world_is_a_comedy_to_those_who_think-a&id=12494> <http://thinkexist.com/common/email/quotes_sender.asp?id=12494&quote=the_world_is_a_comedy_to_those_who_think-a> <http://thinkexist.com/services/bookmark.asp?id=12494&quote=the_world_is_a_comedy_to_those_who_think-a> <http://thinkexist.com/common/discuss.asp?id=12494&quote=the_world_is_a_comedy_to_those_who_think-a>

[image: I Like this quote] [image: I dislike this quote]“Virtue knows to a farthing what it has lost by not having been vice.”