[lbo-talk] Charles Bowden

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jan 18 08:50:58 PST 2011

I thought Gravity's Rainbow was brilliant, but I never especially liked his writing. I found it very cold.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:25:18 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Charles Bowden

123hop at comcast.net

Just finished reading "Blood Orchid" by Charles Bowden. The book fizzled about half way through, but nevertheless contained some of the best writing I've read by an American in the last forty years.

--------

I guess your "some of" leaves wiggle room. But what do you think about Pynchon? One of the real irritations of my present vision problems is that I will never read more of his work.

Carrol