[lbo-talk] black robes and haiti unite, rich n' right

pandora akkiraz markanarch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:27:53 PST 2011

mention of Baby Doc reminds me that you should all check out Fran(t)z Kebreau -- grandson of the general who mowed down the Haitian people after Papa Doc was forced to leave, and a former US soldier (pilot?) who is now CEO of some BS antiunion flight-related company.

he's a personal friend ('token' might sadly be more accurate) of a lot of wealthy people -- no rightwatch site seems to have much on him thus far -- and very interesting as a case study of the situation right now (indicative of 'what' exactly, i'll let you decide). he's young and a snazzy dresser and heads up Glenn Beck's black leadership amongst the Tea Party, and is the frontman for the NAACPC (a bizarre 'organization' that exists expressly to piss off the NAACP, and paying off black leaders like relatives of MLK to say very daft and disrespectful things: visit their website for a good laugh).

they are having some influence on discourse in the rural areas and suburbs of some major cities (i heard my first "the eighteenth century were the Golden Years" comment from a white small business owner just the other day while out campaigning for Defend Ohio -- yeesh!). i'd not heard of Kebreau until a few church leaders here in Cincy, working in solidarity with social justice activists, worked to ban him from speaking at a local church, so he moved on to giving a talk to largely wealthy suburban Tea Party church-members and ROTC and vet black students at Cincy State community college. i had to work and so couldn't attend, but the topic was how the civil rights movement has been misread by communist college professors and should be seen as firmly under the wing of the grassroots movement that-is-not-one carried on by the TP/right-libertarians/constitution party peeps, and how slavery really wasn't all that bad (Beck uses this line often as part of his shock-'em-then-wow-them-with-banal-slander rhetorical strategy).

i find this all far more entertaining than the Wire or any fake news

pandora

--

In tyrannos