[lbo-talk] NLRB Suing States: Marginal Utility of DP

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:10:04 PST 2011

http://www.workinglife.org/users/index.php?home=Jonathan

NLRB Suing States by Jonathan Tasini Monday 17 of January, 2011

  I'm as critical of the Democratic Party has anyone. But, we need to keep in mind that, on a daily basis, it can matter somewhat, at the margins, who is in charge. This would never happen under Republican rule:

   The National Labor Relations Board announced on Friday that it planned to sue Arizona, South Carolina, South Dakota and Utah in an effort to invalidate recently approved state constitutional amendments that prohibit private sector workers from choosing a union through a process known as card check. The labor board asserts that the amendments conflict with federal laws and are pre-empted by those laws.