[lbo-talk] I already hate twitter

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Jan 21 15:01:37 PST 2011

of course, with proper coding ina config file and separation of content from business logic, to change a name like that happens once, in a config file, and it's not hardcoded anyway.

so, deficient programming practices *are* at issue. E.g, a good coder knows that nothing should be hardcoded like that when it comes to anything a business might want to change - like a name, date, location, telephone number, business hours. This lack of knowledge about how a business operates - a lack of senior-level perspective iyam - emanates from the very organizational work structures determined, by and large, by capitalist production. however, being a bit of a weberian here, I'm gonna argue that some of them have to do with the division of labor that isn't necessarily *only* the product of capitalist production.

What I'm saying is that the deficiency *still* tends to originate in market competition. but that discussion is getting too arcane for this list.