[lbo-talk] DIY movement

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 12:42:59 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't know whether Lauren's homemade detergent is better than Tide, and I don't know about your mother's dresses.

One advantage with some of the less product-intensive approaches is that you can control the ingredients much more. Product labeling regulations are very innocent-until-proven-guilty. The funny thing is that most of the time it doesn't take any more time, and often less money.

> I do know that the clothes I make and the stuff I knit are of better quality than anything I can find at the store for under a fortune.

I suspect this is one difference between men's and women's clothing, esp. when you factor in the fabric.

-- Andy