[lbo-talk] Politics of DIY

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 23 15:45:20 PST 2011

I should have stuck to my first response -- skip DIY posts.

The more I read, even of the sensible posters, the more DIY as politics seems to me a potential seedbed of something very like fascism. They are insisting that one way of life is superior to another way of life. Even when they lean backwards not to do this the implication is there. There is something healthy about making something yourself. If that is (I think it bullshit, but if), then buying it at Walmart is unhealthy-- and we are not far from Pound's,

ity, yes, for the infected

t maintain antispsis.

(from memory)

The whole subject seems creepy to me.