[lbo-talk] Mark Ames uncorks

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 25 13:34:55 PST 2011

On Jan 25, 2011, at 4:17 PM, dredmond at efn.org wrote:

> On Tue, January 25, 2011 12:29 pm, Angelus Novus wrote:
>
>> Question for American liberal Pollyanna Europhiles:
>
> Have you ever lived in the US for any length of time?

Or even visited, I wonder. I've been to Europe enough, and read a lot of social statistics, to know that there's just less poverty, inequality, and disease in Western Europe than there is in the USA. In many cases a lot less. Yeah, there are many sucky things in the Old World, and one shouldn't over-idealize, etc., but really, the differences aren't insignificant.

Doug