[lbo-talk] Mark Ames uncorks

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 15:11:19 PST 2011

As for misery, the first and last time I was in Berlin (west) six years ago, it really struck me how downcast everybody was, and it didn't really compute because the city was spanking new, well kept up (compared to a lot of the rest of Europe)....I think people had jobs..... I dunno....

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angelus Novus" <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:31:48 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Mark Ames uncorks

Shane Mage:

> A few quotations...with comparative examples from O'Reilly, Hannity, or
> Limbaugh...are needed here.

Too tired to transcribe anything into English right now, some resourceful Googling on your part should turn up something.

The short version: racist tirades against Muslims who purportedly live off the public and spawn "head-scarf girls", sociobiological assertions about the genetic inferiority of Muslims and dole recipients, hysterical downfall scenarios about a demographic overwhelming of the German population, sociopathic understanding of the Holocaust that primarily laments the fact that because all Jews "share a gene in common" that makes them more intelligent, Germany suffered a brain drain as a result of the Shoah, etc. etc.

The German mob, of course, played its expected role of applauding this racist, neo-liberal asshole, acclaiming him as a taboo breaker swimming against the tide, because of course real marginalized outsiders get to spew their filth in the pages of Der Spiegel.