[lbo-talk] Austerity

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Jan 25 21:57:57 PST 2011

>From "Yes We Can" to President Vampire Squid, a political predator which
cloaks itself in populist garb and deflects critique by emitting anesthetizing clouds of patriotic blather, the better to throttle its prey:

"So tonight, I am proposing that starting this year, we freeze annual domestic spending for the next five years. (Applause.) Now, this would reduce the deficit by more than $400 billion over the next decade, and will bring discretionary spending to the lowest share of our economy since Dwight Eisenhower was President."

(http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/01/25/text-of-obamas-state-of-the-union-address/?mod=e2tw)

It's the final nail in the coffin of the US Empire.

-- DRR