[lbo-talk] Baby sitting coops?

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 06:36:01 PST 2011

They are quite popular in Toronto. Most of my neighbors were involved in them earlier on and they seem to have declined a bit as of late. However, there were a few in our neighborhood but we never got involved. I would see them at the park and the level of care would defiantly fluctuate based on who was doing the sitting at the time (might be a good thing). I guess that is one reason we never did it, we were a bit transient and didn't know the other parents all that well. The other reason being simply that coops are no alternative to capitalism. My own thoughts on them are that they preclude actual revolutionary work by instilling a false ideal of choice (too anarchistic, horizontal and tend to get caught up in the specific details and miss the forest).

Brad