[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Bill White bill.white at griggsinst.com
Wed Jan 26 11:27:36 PST 2011

I have not taught for many years, and I mostly taught computing science courses. I found that three pages of notes would get me through a 50 minute class. But my teaching style was very slow. I always tried to bring the lecture through the students, by asking them pointed questions about what might come next in the exposition. It took forever, but the ones who were serious, I think, really learned the material.

It's kind of off topic, but one of the things I learned early on is that I could teach much faster than they could listen.