[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:19:11 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Jeffrey Fisher <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com>wrote:

> 07education_graph-popup.jpg<http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/12/07/education/07education_graph/07education_graph-popup.jpg>
>

> <http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/12/07/education/07education_graph/07education_graph-popup.jpg>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/education/07education.html?_r=2

Just looking quickly at the NYT article as I was about to close the window, and this caught my eye, after the SOTU the other night . . . *cough*

--- “Wow, I’m kind of stunned, I’m thinking Sputnik,” said Chester E. Finn Jr., who served in President Ronald Reagan<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/r/ronald_wilson_reagan/index.html?inline=nyt-per>’s Department of Education, referring to the groundbreaking Soviet satellite launching. Mr. Finn, who has visited schools all across China, said, “I’ve seen how relentless the Chinese are at accomplishing goals