[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jan 29 17:46:22 PST 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> I recognize I'm highjacking Doug's topic, but I really think it's more helpful to ask "How can we break down our educational apartheid sytem?" than to ask "Why don't kids read?"

It's not just about poverty. There are plenty of nonpoor kids who can't read very well, or don't want to.

This reminds me a little of the way that the nonprofit/foundation world really cares about low-wage workers, but don't care much about the vast middle, for whom things aren't exactly great either.

Doug