[lbo-talk] How Much Do College Students Learn, and Study?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jan 29 17:59:16 PST 2011

On Jan 27, 2011, at 10:33 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> just out of curiosity: what horrible fate will befall us if no one wants to read?

This is from the the first volume of the OECD's latest PISA report:

"Levels of reading literacy are more reliable predictors of economic and social well-being than is the quantity of education as measured by years at school or in post-school education."

I.e., the better you can read, the better off and healthier you are.

Doug